Job Shadow Day allows students to spend a few hours with a professional. It is an opportunity for a student to:
- observe and talk with one or more employees at the workplace, in an occupation in which he/she has expressed an interest.
- gain insights into careers that interest them and help begin the process of career exploration.
- discover the connection between their education and the skills they will need to develop for entering the workforce.
We are recruiting hosts who work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a host, you would host 2-6 students for 2-4 hours. You would :
- go about your regular work routine, allowing students to observe and ask questions.
- explain the skills and knowledge required of the job and its significance to the organization.
- Plan for the students to do some or all of the following:
- Receive a tour of the company/facility
- Rotate through various departments
- Work on a special project (market research, user experience study, etc.)
- Sit-in during a group project/meeting/conference call
- Observe procedures (orthodontic, x-rays, orthopedic, etc.)
Our goal for offering Job Shadow Day at Cupertino High is to have a diverse list of employers interested in helping prepare our youth for tomorrow’s workforce. We are looking for businesses/companies/organizations in the following fields
- Technology – hardware, software, IT support
- Banking and finance
- Visual and performing arts
- Government, legal and other service industries.
Help tomorrow’s workforce! Be a Job Shadow Host on Monday, March 16, 2020