PTSA Meeting Minutes and Slides
On Tuesday, February 13th 2024, we held a PTSA Association Meeting from 6 to 7pm and Ms Wendy Amick provided a presentation on “Naviance” from 7 to 8pm.
The PTSA Association Meeting included reports from the Principal, Student Representative, Grant Committee, Treasurer, Membership, Student Programs, Staff Programs, Parent Programs and Special Education. Here is a summary of the motions from the meeting:
- Appointed the Nominating Committee who will be looking for new Board members to fill vacancies for the next school year.
- Adopted the Audit report for the period from Jan 1 to June 30, 2023.
- Adopted the Treasurer Report for the reporting period from September 16, 2023 through February 10, 2024 as presented.
- Ratified written checks #1995 to #2009 and #2012 from October 1, 2023 through January 16, 2024.
- Adopted the amended budget which includes increasing donations from $50k to $65k, increasing school grants from $75k to $115k, decreasing student program grants from $32,800 to $27k. These changes have been made in order to support a pending $45k biotech equipment grant request.
- Released an additional $40k from School Grants to authorize expenses needed before the end of the school year.
To view the PTSA Association Meeting presentation, >> click here <<.
To view the Naviance presentation slides, >> click here <<
Thank you!PTSA Board
PTSA Meeting Announcement
Dear Cupertino Students and Families,
Please join us on Tuesday, February 13th 2024 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm in the school cafeteria for the PTSA Association Meeting and a presentation on Naviance by Ms. Wendy Amick from the Cupertino High School College and Career Center.
At the upcoming Association Meeting, we will discuss funding needs of $45k for the school’s Biotechnology program. We will also appoint a nominating committee who will seek qualified nominees for open positions for the next school year. Other reports will be provided by the Principal, Grant Committee, Treasurer, Membership, Student Programs, Staff Programs, Parent Programs and Special Education. To vote at this meeting, please make sure you are a member by signing up at Tino PTSA website.
Naviance is an online resource customized for our students that supports college and career planning. This presentation will give students and parents much needed information on how this tool can be used to view and research colleges, find enrichment programs, and seek career matches. This event is suitable for ALL grade levels, but in particular for juniors. Seniors will need to navigate Naviance for college applications.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Tino PTSA Board.
Dear Cupertino Students and Families,
The college application process can be overwhelming and intimidating for both parents and students. There are a myriad of decisions and conflicting information, and as a result, the stress level tends to be high. Come join us for an informative “College Planning Road Map” presentation. This workshop by Mr.Syrous Parsay will provide the attendees with an understanding of the application process and how to reduce the stress of getting through it all.
Please sign up as soon as possible; these events are very popular and fill up quickly.
Jan 17 – Freshman and Sophomores College Planning Roadmap. Sign up here: https://chsptsa.ticketleap.com/cpoverview/
Jan 24 – Juniors College Planning Roadmap. Sign up here: https://chsptsa.ticketleap.com/cpjuniors/
The session will focus on topics such as:
- Admission puzzle
- Academics planning, Testing options, and extracurricular activities
- College profiling and selection
- Major selection
- Essays, Applications, and Submission Strategies
- Scholarships and Financial aid
- Summer planning (internships, workshops, etc.)
- Managing the stress of the process
- List of useful resources
We look forward to seeing you there!
Tino PTSA Parent Programs
Do you enjoy art, music, and dance, or have an interest in writing, producing films, and taking photos? Then have fun unleashing your inner artist with the PTA Reflections program. Explore the Arts and Express Yourself! Watch this video to get Inspired!
Use your art to express this year’s theme, “I am Hopeful Because…”
After you have created your art you can submit your entry to the Cupertino Reflections Program using this Google form. (The PTSA will only accept online submissions submitted through the Google form. You must use a personal email address, not your student email, in your submission form so that we can be sure to communicate with you.)
You must provide a title for your piece and a statement (between 10 and 100 words) describing your work and how it relates to the theme. Be advised the “interpretation of theme” is weighed more heavily than the other considerations in the judging. A well-developed concept is more important than technique. Entries will be judged primarily on how well the student uses their artistic vision to portray the theme, rather than their technical skill or creative process.
The submission due date is October 15, 2023.
There are 6 different categories you can enter:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Rules for each of the categories are available online at https://capta.org/resource/participant-forms/. (Use this information for more detailed information about the rules per category. DO NOT use this page to submit your entry, instead use our school-specific Google form to be considered for entry.)
Additional inspiration and information are available here:
- Video created for Anaheim Elementary School (This video has good info about the categories, guidelines, and suggestions, but it contains some specific info for their school, so be sure to use OUR form to submit your entry)
- General information about the Reflections Program
- Info about last year’s winners, prizes and scholarships
If you have any questions or need clarification, don’t hesitate to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanette O’Brien & Payal Sen
CHS Reflections Co-Chairs